Saturday 3 January 2015

Glancing back, leaping forward...welcome 2015!

It's that time again.  Time to reflect on the year that's past before blindly leaping into the year ahead. I'm pleased to say that overall, 2014 was a good one for me.

There were so many highlights, it's hard to know where to start.  It was my first year of teaching, not only at at The Harbour Gallery in Jersey, The City Quilter in New York (it was wonderful to meet Chris at last) and MyBearpaw in Edinburgh too. My goodness what happy memories I have of those times and all the wonderful ladies I met.  

The Fat Quarterly Retreat was also fabulous and it was wonderful to catch up again with fellow quilters at the Stitch Gathering in September.   I've nearly finished the quilt I made with Thomas Knauer!  



I also had a fabulous time here in Jersey with some wonderful textile artists.


Not to mention taking a 2 day class with award winning Phillipa Naylor, who shared her secrets of FMQ.  What an inspiration she was.


And I met the wonderful Strip Bee ladies, and we swapped our beautiful quilts in the sunshine of Jen's back garden.  It was so much fun, I just wish we could have been together for longer.  






And so to my year's makes in pictures.

Starting with quilts.  Not so many, but each special in it's own way.


Then there was lots of bunting and cushions...


And then I got a little bit obsessed with making mini's,  zipper pouches and sitting in front of the tv stitching pretty embroideries.


I know there's more makes than I can find photos for, but I think it's fair to say it was a productive year.  2015 certainly has a lot to live up to!   But no fear, I'm hatching plans, hatching plans...I can't wait to see what it brings.

Thank you so much for stopping by,

Sarah x

Linking up with:

  Fresh Sewing Day

10 comments:

  1. It was fantastic to meet you at the Strip bees get together.
    I'm interested to find out what those plans are that you're hatching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's so good to see all your year's makes in one place. I love the embroideries. The Strip Bee meet up was brilliant. I hope to get my quilt finished this year! Have a good 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great eclectic group of finishes! Well done! It was great meeting you at the FQ Retreat...I finished my embroidery from Jo's class and finally made it into a pillow...my last finish of 2014!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, full of memories for me too! You packed a lot into 2014 and I am looking forward to hearing all about those plans you are hatching for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created so many cute things in the past year! I'm looking forward to seeing what your plans are for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a productive and exciting year 2014 was for you ... and it can only get better .. onwards and upwards. Here's to a fantastic 2015. Can't wait to share the next 12 months with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have some lovely memories of 2014 - I hope 2015 is as special. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful year. I especially like those two hoops. But everything you make is always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great overview of your year, that embroidery is so cute! Lovely to meet you at the quilt swap, hopefully we'll get to meet up again at some point. Looking forward to seeing what you are planning for 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It certainly was a wonderful year for you, Sarah and I was delighted to be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!